moraine on the 20th

discuss and plan

Moderator: PTAG

moraine on the 20th

Postby spurk » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:08 pm

Biber has it posted in a few places but as always we will be running a trailday at moraine on sunday 4-20-08. Primary focus will be cleaning up wet spots, repairing some corduroy, and seeing what can be done as a temp fix for the powerlines (probably nothing but its worth a shot). 10 am start time with a ride afterwards if people are willing. Should be a good day, if you want to practice your rock/lego skills and clean up mud. We will have some assitance from the park with interns helping which is a great gesture from the park.

if you have been riding moraine and you can think of some stuff that needs addressed please feel free to chime in or shoot me a pm. Mud seems to be the most pressing matter right now though.
spurk

Postby klevens » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:49 am

Did you know "Rocks are heavy?"
I will try and make it and bring some baby diarrhea pesto :lol:
E
If you love me, buy me a really good beer.
klevens
looks good in armor

Postby spurk » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:38 pm

klevens wrote:Did you know "Rocks are heavy?"
E

please you just learned that....we at moraine have known that rocks are heavy for a long time. The secret is to get the babe club to come and do all the heavy lifting. They fear no rock.
spurk

Postby Bartender » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:04 pm

spurk wrote:
klevens wrote:Did you know "Rocks are heavy?"
E

please you just learned that....we at moraine have known that rocks are heavy for a long time. The secret is to get the babe club to come and do all the heavy lifting. They fear no rock.

I was planning on coming up as Cooler Buddy has been pissed at me since we missed the Frick work day. I'm going to spread the word, but unfortunately, I won't be able to make this Sunday as I have a prior committement with my son. I do so miss those rocks. Especially the heavy ones!

Rock on,
Frank
Bartender
love the rocks

Postby spurk » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:42 pm

dont worry....i have a perfect spot picked out for you guys for later this summer. I will let you know in advance....you will enjoy the challenge i think.
spurk

Postby Bartender » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:32 pm

spurk wrote:dont worry....i have a perfect spot picked out for you guys for later this summer. I will let you know in advance....you will enjoy the challenge i think.

Well, I found out today that I don't have to be in downtown Pittsburgh until 4pm. Anyone know how long it may take to get from Moraine to Downtown? Any bad I-79 construction? I'm figuring on allowing for 1.5 hour drive. I have to pick up my son at the Carnegie Science Center and surely don't want to be late.

What time do you think the ride will start. I'd certainly like to get a ride in too!

Frank

Hey, my avitar message just changed to "love the rocks". Heh, heh, heh...
Bartender
love the rocks

Postby klevens » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:36 am

Is there a game that day?

L
If you love me, buy me a really good beer.
klevens
looks good in armor

Postby Bartender » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:52 am

Biber wrote:I live just off of the Bellevue exit of 279. It takes 40-45 minutes to get to that exit from Moraine, while driving the speed limit--and I usually do. I'm rarely in a hurry.

From the Bellevue exit, it is about another 10-15 minutes to get to the Science Center. Taking 279 to the RT 65 exit, then taking the West End Bridge Exit. turning right and wrapping around to the SC.

Thanks Dave!

The Bucco's are in Chicago on Sunday, back in the city on Monday.

I may go to Moraine and ride the park before the work day, that'll give me plenty of time so I don't miss out on the ride.

Anyone have an idea on how long we'll work? 10 to 1pm?
There exists not a more intolerant and closed-minded person, than a tolerance preaching open-minded youth.
Bartender
love the rocks

Re: moraine on the 20th

Postby spurk » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:15 pm

it's a little belated but thanks to scott and dave franks for helping out at moraine on the 20th. We cleaned up the DH to the marina. there are plenty of rock armored sections to get you past the mud. I think the rock armoring will really hold up well and fit right into the trail flow once they lock together and they get a little more solid. We also fixed the long corduroy section that was getting a little damp and broken apart. The powerline work should be completed soon and i guess they arent putting the lines underground, just changing poles. hopefully we can get that powerline section cleaned up and worked in as a quick line back to the cars on the next trail day.
spurk

Return to Trail Maintenance