Montour Trails

discuss and plan

Moderator: PTAG

Montour Trails

Postby badassbassangler » Tue May 01, 2012 8:09 pm

Sorry for the double thread post, cut me some slack, I'm still getting used to this site :D

Hi all, long time list'ner, first time caller. I just got back from riding the Montour "wooded" trails. Although the trails are mostly ridable with deadwood debris as the main obstacle; there are some downed trees too. Sooo, I geuss my main question is who owns the land? I know that the land is not posted and publicly hunted. Are there any repercussions to doing my own trail maintnence? I live close to the trail-head lot across from "Brother's Grimm" and am tired of waiting for someone else to maintain the trails I want to ride.

Just trying to be proactive and display some initiative, but want to respect the property too. Any thoughts??
badassbassangler
got my training wheels

Re: Montour Trails

Postby badassbassangler » Fri May 04, 2012 11:59 pm

C'mon...I can't believe that noone knows the trails I'm talking about, and doesn't have any input on them?? I would have at least thought that one of the mods would have given a little guidance?? Am I the only one on this forum...."echo"
badassbassangler
got my training wheels

Postby gearhead313 » Sun May 06, 2012 12:38 pm

I've ridden all those trails before.. they're more quad/dirtbike stuff IIRC instead of mtb single track. You could try to look up the areas on the allegheny county assessment sight...?
lame
gearhead313
looks good in armor

Postby badassbassangler » Mon May 07, 2012 7:40 pm

Thanks gh313. I rode singletrack out there, and found a new trail too. Plenty enought to keep me busy for an hour or two after work.
badassbassangler
got my training wheels

Return to Trail Maintenance