North Park is for Lovers

info about local trails

Re: North Park is for Lovers

Postby GREENFIELDMIKE » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:09 am

---
Last edited by GREENFIELDMIKE on Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
GREENFIELDMIKE
mmm, sweet spds

Postby GREENFIELDMIKE » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:18 am

I got your private message, You should just post it out here since this is about the most entertaining thing thats been on this forum for a while..(I mean folks from other cities are posting on it)... I find it interesting that the people responding to my post dont even live in Pittsburgh. You guys are just lurking a forum board from a city you dont even live in.....OK.
I would suggest that we sign up for a legit race, and put it on the books.
i suggest - http://www.bigbearwv.com/pageload.cfm?pageid=17 - this even gives you time to train.

but if we have to ride North Park(yawn) we can. I'll go wherever you feel most comfortable. We can even race up the shoulder of Interstate 79 if thats the kind of mountain biking you like, there are very few obstacles there. Let me know
GREENFIELDMIKE
mmm, sweet spds

Postby GREENFIELDMIKE » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:42 am

"Anyway man, thank you for accepting my peace offering and thanks for the time you are putting in at RR. I rode there 4 years ago - I wish I lived there."

or we could ride there since you like it so much...
GREENFIELDMIKE
mmm, sweet spds

Postby GREENFIELDMIKE » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:02 am

PORC BEEF!
GREENFIELDMIKE
mmm, sweet spds

Postby iamtheyeti » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:56 am

This is probably a mistake given the direction this post is headed, but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents worth in. North Park is fun for what it is. There's fast, flowy trails that reward every climb with a descent. They're not technical like Moraine, Roaring Run, or the Laurel Mts, but get up enough speed and they're tight and twisty enough in sections to be interesting(and believe it or not, not everybody likes technical trails, or at least likes to ride something other than technical trails all the time). Variety is the spice of life folks.

In general everyone's best/favorite trail I think is probably the one closest to where they live just because it's the one they get to ride the most and therefore are the most familiar with. If I lived within riding distance of North Park I would be ecstatic. There's close to 40 miles of trails up there! Even if you consider the trails "boring" at least you can ride several rides without hitting the same trails all the time.

I go back and forth between Roaring Run and North Park all the time. They're my 2 favorite trails systems in the area. I like North Park because they're fast and there's alot of trails(and they're so different than Roaring Run), and I like Roaring Run because they're more technical, and a good change of pace from North Park(but there's just not enough trail here for me. though I've been told I'm missing some good stuff which may well be).
"Flow the downhills,
Cruise the flats,
Attack the climbs!"
iamtheyeti
mmm, sweet spds

Postby gearhead313 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:50 am

In my defense, i was born and grew up 5 min from north park and probably logged hundreds of trail miles there...

...i get it now, greenfieldmike is just another spandex xc fag that gets in my way on the trail constantly. I'm not into stop watches, so I'll let Deluxe hash out that little bout.

I STILL want to know where and what you ride mike...
lame
gearhead313
looks good in armor

Postby Jason » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:22 am

Mike likes to ride around the Fruit Loop at Schenley Park.
Jason
check out my scars

Postby Deluxe » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:53 am

Yeti thank you for an unbiased informative post. That was my original problem with mikes post. I (and others) put a lot of time into NP's trails, and I also know for a fact that this forum is reviewed by out of towners. I have taken many on rides when they visit. It is one thing to say "north park bores me" but another to misrepresent the quality of the trail system. To the county and groups like PTAG with a vested interest in trails and support therefor, this is not just or truthful treatment. Mike I have raced big bear several times, but never the kids race, but if that is what you like we can do it. My business remains in Pittsburgh, I still pay taxes, and I can assure you, on a personal note, that if you want to weigh the right to comment based on location, I still outweigh you. See you in North Park in a few weeks. If you would rather we speak on the phone than pm for details, you may call my office. I hope not to bore you.
Deluxe
check out my scars

Postby picowatt » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:24 pm

This thread is hilarious. We still dont know what Mike rides yet or what specific trails he considers to be tip top. Most of us have ridden his 276 trail. and Yes it is a fun one, but def not the best. I rode it on my hardtail quite easily without missing a feature or dabbing my feet. As for Moraine, Last time I rode there I took first place in a race. And yet I still enjoy North Park.
picowatt
mmm, sweet spds

Postby GREENFIELDMIKE » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:09 pm

picowatt and gearhead313 - as far as what i like to ride PLEASE have someone read this thread to you and pay special attention to where i answered robertt on Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:01 am. I dont know what else to say about that.

as far as me having my own trail called 276.. i dont know about that either

but most unsettling are the casual homophobic slurs being tossed around on this forum.."just another spandex xc fag" - gearhead313, and "Mike likes to ride around the Fruit Loop at Schenley Park" by Jason(well done btw) - I would expect that at least the EVER VIGILANT protector of mountain biking propriety DELUXE would have had something to say about these backward minded imbeciles representing PORC and Mtn Biking this way.. I mean a guy cant even make a lighthearted and subjective post about a TRAIL without being brought to justice for his difference in opinion... big let down.

lets be honest... this isn't an open forum to discuss opinions on biking/riding styles/and general trail related matter
its a back patting, self congratulating "As for Moraine, Last time I rode there I took first place in a race... I (and others) put a lot of time into NP's trails....i was born and grew up 5 min from north park and probably logged hundreds of trail miles there...i was involved a good bit building some..."etc, and sycophantic PTAG worship.

btw. I rode the North Ridge Trail yesterday and it was AmAAAAAAzing.
, ,
GREENFIELDMIKE
mmm, sweet spds

Postby iamtheyeti » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:18 pm

Mike, I agree with you somewhat on this forum. I wish Pittsburgh had a better mountain biking forum. When I was living in Austin we had this:

http://www.bikemojo.com/speak/forumdisp ... tin-VooDoo

which, even though it sometimes fell into general debauchery and name calling similar to what has occurred on this post, at least it was VERY active forum, and encouraged things like calling public rides and sharing trail information(unless that trail information wasn't supposed to be shared). Even on the MTBR.com Pennsylvania forum it seems to be only East coaster's posting up most of the time.
"Flow the downhills,
Cruise the flats,
Attack the climbs!"
iamtheyeti
mmm, sweet spds

Postby iamtheyeti » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:23 pm

GREENFIELDMIKE wrote:^IMO I was hoping this could turn into a discussion that would lead to finding new fun places to ride.. But I guess since everyone already knows EVERYTHING we can skip all that.

wouldn't it have been easier to just ask this question from the beginning instead of bashing NP? I mean, saying NP isn't your cup of tea and asking for ideas on other places to ride might have yielded you better results :D
"Flow the downhills,
Cruise the flats,
Attack the climbs!"
iamtheyeti
mmm, sweet spds

Postby GREENFIELDMIKE » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:35 pm

i didnt feel like i was bashing it. i definitely wasnt bashing anyone specifically. it was just euphemism..
GREENFIELDMIKE
mmm, sweet spds

Postby GREENFIELDMIKE » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:39 pm

you crazy kids and your euphemisms...... "punch you in the face" lol
GREENFIELDMIKE
mmm, sweet spds

Postby gearhead313 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:34 pm

Please mike, (yes i said please), let us know what bikes you own and your favorite trail system and what properties or aspects of it you like.

Thanks in advance.
lame
gearhead313
looks good in armor

Postby laxap » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:56 pm

Has anybody ever simultaneously held presidencies of both PTAG and PORC?

GREENFIELDMIKE for President.
laxap
lubed and ready to go

Postby GREENFIELDMIKE » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:28 pm

you had me at Please....

My ride is a Redline Monocog (no.. i dont know what gear ratio, and i dont talk about it as i push it up hills i cant climb next to my other SS riding slack ass friends)
My favorite place to ride is Roaring Run - variation
My semen can form into a liquid human. Like that guy from Terminator 2. <He rides a Niner.
My second ride is a murdered out Stumpjumper EVO hardtail for when shit gets hectic.
My other favorite places to ride are Moraine, Laurel, Big Bear, and FRICK.
I wear a live rattlesnake as a condom.
I dont wear a sham.. its for ...how would you guys say it??.. FAGS?
I shower in grain alcohol.
GREENFIELDMIKE
mmm, sweet spds

Postby picowatt » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:18 pm

Ok that shit was funny
picowatt
mmm, sweet spds

Postby gearhead313 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:48 pm

teh wife n i actually enjoyed that as well.. +2

...i have no further comments at this time
lame
gearhead313
looks good in armor

Postby gearhead313 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:40 pm

this cant die!!!

So you ride 29ers... i figured so, and lame ones at that. This quaintly means you cant descend very well, but probably climb...uplittleboysgymshorts...and then exclaim how great you are while track standing. Thats just super.
lame
gearhead313
looks good in armor

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Talk