Illegal trail activity in the North Park Nature Center Area

doesn't belong somewhere else? post it here.

Illegal trail activity in the North Park Nature Center Area

Postby PTAG » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:31 am

Got word from the County Parks Department of some trail blazes (white blazes on trees) and other rogue activity in the NP Nature Center region.

The county will be excising the tree blazes soon. If you are aware of this activity, please spread the word that any activity of this sort is not acceptable. For more info contact PTAG.
PTAG
lubed and ready to go

Re: Illegal trail activity in the North Park Nature Center A

Postby gearhead313 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:59 am

one day maybe we'll know who LOVES the nature center so much to ride there.. I have rode back once just to see what all the "underground" hype was about and its not that great. Why the rest of the park isnt good enough is beyond me. Sorry to bump, but just felt like mini-ranting.
lame
gearhead313
looks good in armor

Postby Deluxe » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:53 pm

You're high Brad. It's a nice loop and just as challenging and well maintained as the good side of N. Ridge. I live in Michigan now and still try to find time to ride it when I come back. First, count your blessings that you have at least some elevation, roots, rocks and well-cut single track in a 3,000 acre park my friend. Second for consistent XC riders, it is just as enjoyable and challenging as N. Ridge, Golf Course and Hemlock. For Christ's sake it's really no different. I'd give my left nut to have a trail like that up here. I now live in the middle of an effing Pleistocene era ocean bed. The closest best riding has a climb called "cardiac" that I could ride up in a wheelchair.

If you want to stay on the north side of the park away from picnic pavillions, traffic, shitty views, and tipped port-o-potties and garbage cans, and only have to cross one road (Pearce Mill) rather then 3 or even 4, then starting from Beaver Shelter, that trail with Ridge creates a 13 mile beatdown do-able in under 90 minutes for those pressed for time. If you want to get sloppy, then break off across McKinney soccer field complex, take the crushed gravel path to Dogs and Suds and chug a beer then continue back. Then you get 15 miles and guilt free drinking!
Deluxe
check out my scars

Postby swhile » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:40 pm

It might not be the best trail ever, but it's pretty good. It's a good trail to mix things up if you ride NP all the time.
swhile
lubed and ready to go

Postby sharp » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:50 am

Riding the hawthorns at night is like riding your bike in the wizard of oz....oh my!!
sharp
lubed and ready to go

Return to General