boyce boyscout trail bridge

tell us about it

Moderator: brungeman

boyce boyscout trail bridge

Postby peddle-paddle » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:27 pm

rode the bridge today. perhaps many others did also..on my approach i see some logs are kicked up and almost misstng.

investigated more closely with two other riders. one of the main support logs has broken. perhaps others who are more involved at PTAG or the trail steward should investigate.
peddle-paddle
got my training wheels

Re: boyce boyscout trail bridge

Postby robert t » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:50 am

Did U stop and put them back in place ?
Park stewarts will be back in town sometims next week.
robert t
love the rocks

Postby peddle-paddle » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:01 pm

Actually along with the other riders after we evaluated. we placed the logs up as a road block. clearly visible. I was not sure what the protocol was or is. I know riding has its inheret risks. I think the lashings used to tie the decking down had rotted and was was part of the reason the logs were kicking up and creating some openings in the decking If others rode there and put them back down. I am riding there again tonight and will evaulate.
peddle-paddle
got my training wheels

Postby peddle-paddle » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:53 am

this bridge crossing is definetly no longer rideable. went there again last night and it was in worse shape than sunday. some other riders were approaching the crossing and agreed. there were holes/openings where wheels would have fallen thru, with the rider close behind. put stuff up to act as barricades on either side. my post on this is done.
peddle-paddle
got my training wheels

Postby bpbob » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:54 am

I agree the bridge is not safe. It looks like one of the main beams rotted thru. Also rode Boyce this morning and ther are quite e few large trees down. soccer field and pretzel loops are affected.
bpbob
check out my helmet

Return to Ride Reports