Penguins/Mellon Arena Transportation Survey

do-gooders

Penguins/Mellon Arena Transportation Survey

Postby dcm229 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:00 pm

Today in the Penguins email newsletter, there was a link to a “Mellon Arena Transportation Survey”. The survey seems to focus on bicycle transportation to/from Mellon Arena, and what incentives would encourage you to start commuting (or more frequently commute) by bicycle to Mellon Arena. I think this sounds pretty encouraging… maybe they are trying to get bicycle facilities at the new arena? Anyone have any more info on this? In any event, I just wanted to spread the word to fellow cyclists, hoping it will positively impact whatever they are trying to do with the survey. See link and more info below:

http://smr.mm.ticketmaster.com/track?ty ... 9aQjdCQjdN

Here is the blurb from the Penguins newsletter:
“Complete Survey for Chance to Win Consol Energy Center Tour
All Entries Must Be Submitted by January 29 at Noon

Participate in our latest Pittsburgh Penguins Fan Survey and you could win a Consol Energy Center hard hat tour for you and 3 guests!

To be eligible, simply click here and complete the survey in its entirety.

All participants must be at least 18 years of age to enter. The drawing will be conducted and the winner announced following the Friday, January 29, 2010, 12:00 pm deadline.”

Dave
dcm229
check out my helmet

Re: Penguins/Mellon Arena Transportation Survey

Postby rav400 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:50 pm

I saw that and completed the survey. I could ride there from my parents house, and if they offered specials for cyclist I would definitly ride to the games. I heard of the Lighting in Tampa (i think it was the Bolts anyway) offering half price or free tickets if you rode a bike to the games on special promotion nights. Pretty cool!
"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race"
-H.G.Wells
rav400
show me the single track

Return to Advocacy