Anyone ride North or South Park lately

tell us about it

Moderator: brungeman

Anyone ride North or South Park lately

Postby Kman » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:20 am

Hi everybody...I'm new to the PORC forum and this is my first post.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has ridden at North or South Park lately. If so, what were the trails like? I haven't been out for a couple of weeks and I NEED a ride!

Thanks,
Kman
got my training wheels

Re: Anyone ride North or South Park lately

Postby Kman » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:06 pm

I'm repling to my own post, since everyone must still be enjoying Christmas cookies and Egg Nog (feeble atempt at humor).

I rode South Park today and the trails were better than I thought they would be. There were alot of other mountain bikers out there and the riders I talked to said they all had good rides. The trails were a little soft, but for the most part pretty darn good! :shock:
Kman
got my training wheels

Postby robertt » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:13 am

Trail Info, call BBBB @ 412 795 7444
robertt
mmm, sweet spds

Postby cjwalkeriii » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm

Has anyone been to South Park in the last day or two? I want to get out while the weather is this nice.
Thanks
cjwalkeriii
mmm, sweet spds

Postby eas5468 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:14 pm

Couple downed trees along the Bison Ridge trail last night FYI. The one has been down for a while and has a makeshift path around it. However the other looks fresh and involves some off path excursion to make it by
eas5468
check out my helmet

Postby bo743 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:55 pm

I live 10 minutes from South Park, and ride there frequently when the snow is not too deep. Unfortunately, the trails out here do not see much traffic of any kind this time of the year. If your into trail blazing then come on out. I rode there on the 28th, and it was a very slow ride, but a good work out. Go to Frick this time of the year because a lot more people go to that park. I was there yesterday and the trails were in great shape. Mostly packed snow and some ice. Frick is the place to ride right now.
bo743
got my training wheels

Postby swhile » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:23 am

The pool trails at North Park are finally becoming a little ridable. I'm surprised it's taken so long, there usually seem to be a lot of hikers and trail blazing riders before this. The single track was a little too icy to ride (I don't have studs). If you have studs, it might be pretty good. But we put together a decent ride on double track and fire roads. In winter and snow, I'll take it! I might check out Frick. Looks like it might warm up a little soon, anyway.

Anyone tried North Ridge or V8/Back 9 lately? I may try this weekend.
swhile
lubed and ready to go

Postby eas5468 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:28 pm

How are the conditions out there?
eas5468
check out my helmet

Return to Ride Reports