crater trail

info about local trails

crater trail

Postby Skeeterville Pete » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:31 pm

check it out yall. crater trail is done. ride, have fun, and do not, i repeat, DO NOT SANITIZE, SUCKAS!!!
Skeeterville Pete
check out my helmet

Re: crater trail

Postby Skeeterville Pete » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:34 pm

I THINK FRICK MIGHT HAVE THE BEST TRAILS IN TOWN THESE DAYS. SUCKAS!!!
Skeeterville Pete
check out my helmet

Postby digger » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:54 am

It has been a month since I first started riding crater trail. Each time I ride it there has been some sort of improvement. Yesterday was no different. There was a skinny across the crater, a teeter-totter made from a 15' log and a triple log feature. This trail is fun.
digger
got my training wheels

Postby laxap » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:07 pm

You're damn right. Nice work, trail builders!
laxap
lubed and ready to go

Postby jwill » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:59 pm

Rode Crater Trail today, nicely done, skinny's were a little intimidating for the first loop, but well built. Trail at the ending drop is still pretty soft and loose, making it hard to stay on a line. Let me know if you need any help on trail maintenance. Great addition to the Frick trails.
jwill
check out my helmet

Postby coolhand » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:05 pm

Could someone tell me where crater trail is located ?
coolhand
check out my helmet

Postby jwill » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:02 am

Not easy to find, cross over Commercial avenue under 376 bridge, head up to the left. You can enter either by taking the major trail to the right or up the single track to the left, a steep climb that then puts you in to the woods again. Either way, once you climb up to the left,exit the wooded area and you'll get to the large, wide open area. Lots of garbage, looks pretty barren. Swissvale will be on your left, view to Summerset housing on your right. If you head to the right side of the open field you will see a rough ridge that lines the hill. Enter the ridge anywhere and head parallel to the Summerset view. That part of the trail is pretty rocky, quick up a downs. At the end of the ridge, head left into the woods again and you will see a trail entrance straight ahead. This will put you into the woods and the main part of Crater trail. Pretty easy to follow the loop from there. the end drops you down to a main trail that connect back to the main entrance under the 376 bridge. Good luck.
jwill
check out my helmet

Postby coolhand » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:30 am

I have been close to that area before so I think I can find it. Thanks I appreciate the detailed info.
coolhand
check out my helmet

Postby p4nh4ndle » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:43 am

These are bad directions to a great trail. If one is familiar with the slag heap though, it isn't impossible to find.
p4nh4ndle
got my training wheels

Return to Trail Talk