I talked to the Slag Heap drillers

info about local trails

I talked to the Slag Heap drillers

Postby laxap » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Apparently they've been contracted by DEP to put in "test wells," which could be used for a variety of reasons, including soil compaction tests (for development) or contaminants (for wells), or other reasons. Either way, I'm pretty sure we can expect to lose access in most of the areas back there, except maybe the hillside where the switchbacks go up to the BMX ramps, between the creek and the NMR rail-trail, and maybe where the Crater Trail is now.

Does anybody else know more?
laxap
lubed and ready to go

Re: I talked to the Slag Heap drillers

Postby GREENFIELDMIKE » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:14 pm

Noone cares about you. Go blow the leaves off your trail some more! Or go ride at N.P. if you're scared to fall.
GREENFIELDMIKE
mmm, sweet spds

Re: I talked to the Slag Heap drillers

Postby sxotty » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:20 pm

You necro'd this thread to post that? Anyway I am sad if the Slag heap goes away. The switch backs and the part over duck hollow are in the park according the the signs, but who knows if they actually are. That area doubles the awesome riding available though. I saw a couple days ago they had put in some metal posts with cement to mount gates a couple places and bulldozed the road smooth up by the foot bridge. It certainly makes the ride far easier though. Hopefully development takes forever so we can still ride there.
sxotty
check out my helmet

Return to Trail Talk