Stop messing with 276

info about local trails

Stop messing with 276

Postby macd5018 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:00 pm

Why did someone cut the roots out of the first hill climb.... That WAS a great challenge. If you couldn't make it maybe that trail isn't for you.
macd5018
check out my helmet

Re: Stop messing with 276

Postby laxap » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:12 pm

Not to mention . . . it's shortsighted. Cut out the roots of a tree, and the tree becomes more susceptible to falling.
laxap
lubed and ready to go

Postby Jason » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:12 am

The roots on that first turn to the left? That sucks, I really liked having to get over them and keep momentum. People really need to quit sanitizing the trails. Especially trails like 276, where challenge is one of the reasons it exists.
Jason
check out my scars

Postby macd5018 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:28 pm

Yes.... Those are the roots.... Just pave it and get it over with...
macd5018
check out my helmet

Postby Skeeterville Pete » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:08 am

in previous posts, i have criticized ptag for neglecting frick. however, this year, the maintanance and trail additions by ptag have made for the best frick conditions ever. on a contrary note, whomever is cutting roots out of 276, bradema, etc, needs to stop. not only are you ruining trails, you are ruining trees. cutting live roots will harmtrees therefore threatening mountainbiking for all of us. Nine mile run organization already doesnt like 276 and ptag still hasn't accepted it as an official sanctioned trail. both groups do unofficially allow it to exist. this will end if people keep cutting roots. if you cant ride an obstacle, get off your damn bike and walk. why does this always happen to frick. what if we went to moraine and started moving boulders-it wouldn't be moraine without them. do you same people flatten the moguls when you ski at your favorite ski spot cause you cant ski them?

quit sanitizing
Skeeterville Pete
check out my helmet

Postby GREENFIELDMIKE » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:40 am

You are all nerds. Grown men on 2000 dollar pedal bikes talking about roots. You wear spandex- don't act like your tough cus you can pedal up a hill and over some vines. You know you take the chicken lines when you ride by yourself.
GREENFIELDMIKE
mmm, sweet spds

Postby Skeeterville Pete » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:18 pm

why is greenfield mike always flexin nuts? thinks he is so hard. i aint scared of his beeyatchass. he knows who i am and where i live. killing innocent deer and other small furry animals all the time.
Skeeterville Pete
check out my helmet

Postby GREENFIELDMIKE » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:55 pm

If you're gonna list my accomplishments... Why don't you include consistently smashing you and your little friends every year at 7springs? You're a bunch of heavy breathers that lack muscle definition. Was that you that couldn't even do a second lap or was it your boy?
GREENFIELDMIKE
mmm, sweet spds

Postby macd5018 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:11 pm

Greenfield mike is a jerkoff
macd5018
check out my helmet

Postby swampboy62 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:56 am

Yo Mike, why don't you have a deep discussion with a box of donuts and leave the mtbrs alone.

Why people come to forums just to prove what d'bags they are is beyond me.

BTW don't no one come to Moraine and start moving rocks or there'll be at least one mad ol' guy lookin' for you.

Steve Z
swampboy62
love the rocks

Postby GREENFIELDMIKE » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:59 pm

You guys are dorks with your trail making and arguing about logs and roots and rocks. Eff making trails. I just ride them and let you nerds fix them up. The reason you build them is because it's the only way you can be SCENE without being able to ride. I'm gonna go smash some logpiles now while you gaybos JO to IMBA centerfolds.
GREENFIELDMIKE
mmm, sweet spds

Postby smcbride » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:55 pm

Someone should make a path around the roots and move those downed trees. Let's make this trail roller coaster fast, but still no one can beat my Strava KOM on 276. Rocks suck. Why would anyone want to ride Moraine until all those rocks get cleared? Moraine without those awful rocks would be hella fast. :x
smcbride
got my training wheels

Postby jwill » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:08 pm

Rode Frick today, conditions were great. New obstacle at 276 well done, a little steep on one side, but solid construction. In response to Greenfield Mike's anti spandex multi-speed rant, rode my son's single speed Huffy "Rock it" bike, wearing jean shorts, tube socks, Payless brand hiker/street style boots, White Snake - GOOD TO BE BAD 2009 WORLD TOUR, t-shirt, with high school hockey helmet and Home Depot brand gardening gloves. It was a little cold, so I considered wearing my Jagr 1994 All Star replica jersey but then realized I needed a dress shirt for tonight's formal Sunday night dinner at Big Jim's. Actually rode pretty well, may consider this set up for the fall/winter racing circuit.
jwill
check out my helmet

Postby Skeeterville Pete » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:40 am

i wish there were more perilous obstacles at frick. without all of my sweet scabs to show off from crashing daily, no one would even believe i rode mountainbikes 4 times a week because of my overweight build. and thats why i dont wear lycra except for underneath-it has a spanx effect. greenfield mike is still a punk
Skeeterville Pete
check out my helmet

Postby GREENFIELDMIKE » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:28 am

If I spring for Microbrews and Organic snacks would anyone be interested in helping me carry 20 bags of Quickrete up to 276 to just pave it and be done with it. My idea was to infuse the microbrews with the cement. It will be everyone's favorite trail then.... nice and smooth and hoppy. We don't have to eat the organic snacks either.. I just thought it would make us look like responsible global stewards to purchase them with our ONE LESS CAR shirts on. Plus we might get a short haired girls digits. - but how will we keep the riders off it until the cement dries?.... And if anyone scratches thier name + Greenfield Mike in it we're fighting.
Nerds.
GREENFIELDMIKE
mmm, sweet spds

Postby Fermenter » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:56 pm

My "sanitize/Moraine/Moving Rocks" search alarm went off.

What the hell is going on here?

Oh, men I just cant tell when someone is joking around here. Carry on.
Fermenter
mmm, sweet spds

Return to Trail Talk