Trail sabotage - North Park

info about local trails

Trail sabotage - North Park

Postby kingspecialized » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:50 am

On Tuesday evening (7/3/12) I was riding the golf trail when a skinny guy with a crew cut and a little dog were jogging in the opposite direction. When I saw him approach I moved as far to the right to let him through, but he went out of his way to make bodily contact with me. I stopped and he kept going on his way. I threw my bike down and confronted him. He acted as though because he was a runner he OWNED the trail, as if I shouldn't be there. I told him off and explained we all need to share. Of course he had the right of way, but he didn't need to go out of his way to push me. Anyway, after I yelled at him for a bit I went on my way.

Later on, while riding the steepest section down the north ridge trail portion of the park there were branches strategically placed in the middle of the trail, clearly placed to form a hazard right before the small ledges. Some one put these branches with the sole intention of hurting a mountain biker.

I cleared the trail and went on my way, but I wonder if anyone has come across anything like this. I don't know if the branches were related to the dummy with the dog, but the two incidences happened within 30 minutes of each other.

Where should I report this to?
kingspecialized
got my training wheels

Re: Trail sabotage - North Park

Postby kmoses » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:51 pm

Ptag trail steward for np
Dude!?!?
kmoses
mmm, sweet spds

Re: Trail sabotage - North Park

Postby sxotty » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:16 pm

I have seen the same thing done elsewhere.
sxotty
check out my helmet

Return to Trail Talk