boyce sabotage

info about local trails

boyce sabotage

Postby bpbob » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:25 pm

Someone sabotaged the bidge by the tunnel on the orange blazed trail up to the wave pool. They took an axe and cut some of the beams on the bridge. Be careful, it was very unstable. We did not ride it.
bpbob
check out my helmet

Re: boyce sabotage

Postby peddle-paddle » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:41 pm

I cant help but think it is the people that live in the nearby house. last year there were several trees felled across the trail heading up towards the wave pool just beyond the bridge that you mention. jagoffs
peddle-paddle
got my training wheels

Postby bpbob » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:47 pm

we suspected that also. this is a PTAG blazed trail so I assume it is legal and stays on boyce property
bpbob
check out my helmet

Postby Unreal Machine » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:48 pm

peddle-paddle wrote:I cant help but think it is the people that live in the nearby house. last year there were several trees felled across the trail heading up towards the wave pool just beyond the bridge that you mention. jagoffs

My first thought as well.

bpbob wrote:this is a PTAG blazed trail so I assume it is legal and stays on boyce property

Property versus 'territory'.
Unreal Machine
lubed and ready to go

Postby PTAG » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:54 pm

To clarify, the County Parks department does the blazing.

In Boyce Park there are PTAG volunteers who are assisting the parks staff with determining how to create viable loops for users who are not familiar with the trail network there.
PTAG
lubed and ready to go

Return to Trail Talk