Bavington - Model Airplane Trails

info about local trails

Bavington - Model Airplane Trails

Postby Jeepdude » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:48 am

Road a couple of these trails for the first time yesterday. It was 95 degrees out and humid so I only got to ride about 6 miles of trail before getting overheated. The trails were some real nice riding though.
Jeepdude
got my training wheels

Re: Bavington - Model Airplane Trails

Postby swampboy62 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:43 am

Bavington trails are a blast. Not as technical overall as some, but a great ride. I especially like that there are usually not many people out there - you actually have a wilderness feel to most of the ride.

Steve Z
swampboy62
love the rocks

Postby soylentgreen » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:29 am

Yup, I been thinking of going to Bavington this Sunday 9/11/2011.
@ 11am Haul Road Lot.
Wanna try the single speed out there and see how it does ?

Roberto.
The box, you opened it, we came.
Now you must come with us, taste our pleasures.
We have such sights to show you !.

Robert Charles Loehr, Jr.
412-369-7001
412-952-7100 cell.
Pictures = http://www.pbase.com/robertmountain1967
soylentgreen
check out my scars

Postby fredzy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:15 am

Just bumping this up - wondering if anyone here has been out Bavington (any trails) spring 2012 so far, and of course what kind of shape it was in if you were there.
fredzy
got my training wheels

Postby Jeepdude » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:23 am

I was there on Sunday. The model airplane trails are dry and are pretty much clear however, there has been some horse traffic on a couple of them. The horses when they step on the side of the hard pack trail can leave some deep holes which is bad when your the first rider after them.

A couple of weeks ago I took the one trail that drops down to the old airport trails and it was very muddy so it needs time to dry out.
Jeepdude
got my training wheels

Postby fredzy » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:09 pm

I did bavington Friday morning and it was very good overall. Did the 2nd and 3rd short legs of the TT loop, then cut across the valley to the new rc airport trails. There were some trees down that were bummers but the main problem was indeed the horse damage. It makes for lots of annoying bumps at best and completely destroyed trails otherwise. There were several short climbs that were heavily damaged and unrideable. Not to mention my tires were loaded with poop.

I wish I could get out there with a chainsaw to clear some of those trees but they will likely be cleared by the next time I'm back in town.
fredzy
got my training wheels

Return to Trail Talk