Pleasant Valley Park Info.

info about local trails

Pleasant Valley Park Info.

Postby Thorn Magnet » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:25 pm

Anyone familiar with the trails at Pleasant Valley Park off of Rt. 22? How many miles are there total and is it worth driving 5 miles past Boyce (which I love)?

Any info is appreciated and thanks in advance.

Justin
Thorn Magnet
check out my helmet

Re: Pleasant Valley Park Info.

Postby bprush » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:11 pm

there is about 3-5 miles of marked trail that is well maintaned and fun to ride. however it is just single track. very few log piles or stunts. there are several trails in development. they do work every week. it is a very secluded area when u get back in with a suprising number of very large trees. they have more info and a map at the parks website www.pvpark.org. No where near the trails that boyce has, but well marked fun trails for a change of pace if u need it
bprush

Postby Unreal Machine » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:03 pm

I never hear anyone talk about this park, but they really should be. This place is awesome. Very nice flowing hills with 5 or so miles of singletrack that can be ridden equally in both directions. Even with leaves covering the trails, this place is well maintained with fast, winding turns. Everyone who rode with me today really liked it as well. Definitely worth a trip. The new trail they built is one of the best ones I've ridden around here.
Unreal Machine
lubed and ready to go

Postby PaMtnBkr » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:13 pm

Unreal Machine wrote:I never hear anyone talk about this park, but they really should be. This place is awesome. Very nice flowing hills with 5 or so miles of singletrack that can be ridden equally in both directions. Even with leaves covering the trails, this place is well maintained with fast, winding turns. Everyone who rode with me today really liked it as well. Definitely worth a trip. The new trail they built is one of the best ones I've ridden around here.

Fun trails, but due to the shortness, not much conversation. That will change when the connect Duff Park w/Pleasant Valley Park! With those 2 parks connected, that will be a ride worth doing in terms of fun and distance.
PaMtnBkr
show me the single track

Postby iamtheyeti » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:32 pm

Fun trails, but due to the shortness, not much conversation. That will change when the connect Duff Park w/Pleasant Valley Park! With those 2 parks connected, that will be a ride worth doing in terms of fun and distance.

Duff is fun in it's own right! Though, also on the short side. I've never ridden Pleasant Valley just because that parking lot is in such an awkward location. That would be awesome if Duff and Pleasant Valley were connected!
"Flow the downhills,
Cruise the flats,
Attack the climbs!"
iamtheyeti
mmm, sweet spds

Postby Unreal Machine » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:14 pm

PaMtnBkr wrote:
Unreal Machine wrote:I never hear anyone talk about this park, but they really should be. This place is awesome. Very nice flowing hills with 5 or so miles of singletrack that can be ridden equally in both directions. Even with leaves covering the trails, this place is well maintained with fast, winding turns. Everyone who rode with me today really liked it as well. Definitely worth a trip. The new trail they built is one of the best ones I've ridden around here.

I agree the length of singletrack is on the low-end, but since the trails can be ridden equally well in both directions it ends up being almost 10 miles of flowing, fast singletrack. Nice to hear that those parks will be connected. I plan on riding there a lot next year.
Unreal Machine
lubed and ready to go

Postby robert t » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:51 am

The park & trail are New , Give it Time.
A lot of planning ,sweat & man/women hours went into this park.
It's All Good.
If you want more volunteer your time, We can make it Happen, Yea ! (Chicago )
robert t
love the rocks

Postby iamtheyeti » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:49 pm

How do the trails at Pleasant Valley hold up to rain?
"Flow the downhills,
Cruise the flats,
Attack the climbs!"
iamtheyeti
mmm, sweet spds

Postby iamtheyeti » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:11 pm

Rode here for the first time today. Have to say I was "pleasant"ly surprised by both the quantity and quality of trail here. It's pretty much as mentioned earlier. I did a 6.5 mile ride with very little repeat sections (though some sections are fun enough that you may want to repeat them). It's all flowing, fun singletrack with very few technical elements. I'd say it was perfect for beginners, but there is some pretty tight and twisty sections to go along with alot more climbing than I expected.
"Flow the downhills,
Cruise the flats,
Attack the climbs!"
iamtheyeti
mmm, sweet spds

Postby Deluxe » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:59 pm

Haha just poached a race there two weeks ago in arctic cold. Two laps bracketed by beer chug start and finish. Well worth the 375 mile drive....
Deluxe
check out my scars

Return to Trail Talk