How do I get permission from parks to maintain trials

discuss and plan

Moderator: PTAG

Postby brungeman » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:31 am

sumospeed wrote:I am currently learnig how to use this forum thing. I am bad with computers. Sorry if my messages are confusing.

not confusing at all!

is he finished up with college yet? he should be getting close? He was going to Liberty? I think? I cant remember now.
brungeman
check out my scars

Postby sumospeed » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:48 am

Yes he is done at Liberty. He lives on the north side of pittsburgh and he is working at glade run in Ziienople.
sumospeed

Postby bigbadwimp » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:30 pm

This is exciting, I'm sure this is how Whistler, BC started out... :roll:

Seriously, it's exciting to think about something happening in Brush Creek.
bigbadwimp

Postby brungeman » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:39 pm

sumospeed wrote:Yes he is done at Liberty. He lives on the north side of pittsburgh and he is working at glade run in Ziienople.

good for him,

I also live on the "northside" (actually in observatory hill area) and commute the whole way out here each day, so I pass right by "Pine Valley" on my way to and from work!
brungeman
check out my scars

Postby bigbadwimp » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:52 pm

That's where Seth's living, right Matt? Observatory Hill?
bigbadwimp

Postby klevens » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:59 am

You guys really need to contact Frank from Beaver Area Biker Enthusiasts

http://home.comcast.net/~f.elia/wsb/htm ... html-.html

They are in the process of getting their foot in the door and making contact with the head of the Beaver area dept of parks.

I highly recommend that you work with them. I know it's been a bit of a slow start, but they are opening doors and have done the ground work.

Lee
If you love me, buy me a really good beer.
klevens
looks good in armor

BABE

Postby Bartender » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:39 pm

First post here on the PORC board.
I'm Frank from Beaver Area Biking Enthusiasts that Lee refers to above. Anyone interested in what we've done so far here in Beaver County, please send me an email at babeclub@comcast.net and we can begin working together. Lee's right, it's been slow going but everything is beginning to come together. It'll all be worth it in the end. Ultimately, the goal is to keep trails open and in good shape so we can all enjoy our parks. I'm sure I'll be seeing more of all of you in the future.

Ride on,
Frank

"Maintain the trails, earn the ride.
Ride the trails, earn the beer"
Bartender
love the rocks

Re: How do I get permission from parks to maintain trials

Postby abseven7 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:53 am

BUMP!

Just wondering if anything ever came of this trail work?
abseven7
got my training wheels

Re: How do I get permission from parks to maintain trials

Postby techbiker » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:46 pm

Not sure if it's the same person who originally asked, but there's a local rider who goes through and cuts fallen trees, weedwacks the overgrown sections, etc. Currently the best "out and back" loop you can do in the park is about 6 miles. The flow is good and you can loop part of the trail to increase mileage if desired. Not hugely challenging, but it's a nice place to see nonetheless.

Main issue currently is drainage. During the heavy rains this summer several sections of the trail turned to mud pits. Some reinforcement was done using rocks and logs, but much more is needed.

There's certainly a lot of potential in the terrain, but according to the park's "Master Plan" no major expansion is to be done. Instead Brady's Run is slated as being Beaver County's MTB destination because of its already developed trail network and larger size. So, the majority of funds for Brush Creek are to be put towards re-paving the roadway through the park and installing pavilions.

I live only about 15 minutes away from Brush Creek, so if anyone is looking for a hand here (or at Brady's) then let me know.
techbiker
got my training wheels

Previous

Return to Trail Maintenance