Bavington Private Property trail issue-Knowlton area

discuss and plan

Moderator: PTAG

Bavington Private Property trail issue-Knowlton area

Postby PTAG » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:34 am

I met with the Hillman Park Ranger today, and with a private landowner on Kramer road. There is a part of double-track trail (on the left side of Knowlton, that heads east) that is used mostly by equestrians that is on private land. PTAG is notifying all trail users to refrain from encroaching on this land. PTAG will work with the park manager to create a reroute of the trail. If you use the trail and notice the orange posts, tape and signs,respect that and turn around. Better yet, just stop using the wider path on the left side of Knowlton till a new connector is approved.

Also, we noticed that someone is attempting to rake in a reroute. Be aware that that conduct is illegal, and your efforts are a waste of time, as there will be a legitimate reroute installed by next spring.

Dave Biber
PTAG
lubed and ready to go

Re: Bavington Private Property trail issue-Knowlton area

Postby JMenzer » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:18 pm

Please let us know if there will be any trail maintenance at any of the Bavington trails. We use the trails frequently, realize they are in need of some serious attention and would like to help.

Also, did the reroute at Knowlton happen yet? If not, we would also be happy to assist with that effort.

Joann
JMenzer
got my training wheels

Re: Bavington Private Property trail issue-Knowlton area

Postby BenStaud » Thu May 10, 2012 4:26 pm

We will be holding a trail workday at Bavington on Sunday May 20th starting at 10 AM. We will be meeting at the 5-Points parking area. Please feel free to contact me or check the PTAG website for more information.
Ben
BenStaud
check out my helmet

Return to Trail Maintenance