Trail Buliding at Raystown Lake Nov 5th

discuss and plan

Moderator: PTAG

Trail Buliding at Raystown Lake Nov 5th

Postby IMBAKarl » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:09 pm

Clark Fisher cafisher@atlanticbb.net is looking for volunteers for a trail build at Raystown Lake on Nov 5th. There could be some awesome riding there, if the local access group can get enough help from volunteers to keep making progress:

Hi Guys:

We still have about a third of a mile of trail pin flagged at Raystown from the trail building school.

The Army Corps of Engineers (land owner) suggested that we have a volunteer day this year to build it so we do not waste the flagging effort.

Nittany MBA will be hosting a trail building day Sunday, November 5 at 10am. Directions are below. We will be building the trial to IMBA specs. A third of a mile in that terrain will take about 80-100 labor hours. Hoping to get it done in four hours with a crew.

From US Route 22 near Huntingdon, take PA Route 26 South 6.5 miles,
then turn Left onto Seven Points Road (From US Route 30 near Everett, take PA
Route 26 North 36 miles, then turn Right onto Seven Points Road).
Follow Seven Points Road approximately 2.7 miles then turn left onto Bakers Hollow Road.
Follow Bakers Hollow Road approximately 1.4 miles to the Old Loggers Trailhead on the right near the gate to Susquehannock Campground road.

Raystown MBA, LHORBA and Mountain Bikers of Micheaux have also committed volunteers.

Raystown Visitors Bureau will provide pizza for volunteers. There also may be a ride the day before on nearby trails. Will forward more info (including contacts) as I get it.

Please let me know if you are planning to attend the trail day on Nov 5 if you know ahead of time.

Thanks,
Clark
IMBAKarl
love the rocks

Return to Trail Maintenance