riding buddy(s)

doesn't belong somewhere else? post it here.

riding buddy(s)

Postby snot rocket » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:50 pm

Does your jersey always match your shorts? Do you think mirrors are only for cars and safety vests for construction workers? Do you like going up the mountain just as much as going down? Do you think full face helmets are for motorcycles? More beers and less gears? If you answered yes to any of these then read on.

I'm looking for a riding buddy or two to hit the trails a couple times a week. I'm trying to get back in shape after a winter of no riding. I'm a "sport" category racer looking for similar skill guys/gals to ride with. I like leaving on time and staying out late. Ideally I'd like to ride one weekday evening and one weekend morning. My one rule to live by: bike at least as much as I drive to get to the trail: 2 hours in the car = 2 hours on the bike. So, I like staying w/in an hour drive of downtown. If you are interested lemme know.

later,
jason
snot rocket
got my training wheels

Re: riding buddy(s)

Postby sharon » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:02 pm

Hi Jason. I am interested in riding one weekend morning. I live next to Frick. Because of kids, I would prefer to be done by 9:30-10:00 am. I have a hard time getting someone to join me as early as 6 or 7. Might you be able to do either Sat or Sun 6-7ish x 2-3 hours, at Frick to decrease travel time and increase trail time? I am a 3-D rider. Sharon
sharon
got my training wheels

Postby snot rocket » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:11 pm

7 might be pushing it =P. I can probably get up at 7 and meet you at 7:30. I'm willing to give Frick another try. I've been there recently and it seems more overgrown than say North Park or Boyce Park.

I've already got plans for this weekend. How about we try for next weekend?
snot rocket
got my training wheels

Postby SpecializedRich » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:04 pm

Jason, I live in Dormont and am interested in riding a weeknight or two. I like settlers and south park but am up for anything within an hour of downtown as well. Let me know.
SpecializedRich
got my training wheels

Return to General